The latest edition of CSC® Digital Brand Services’ New gTLD Utilization Report shows both the number of .brands and generic top level domains in the Alexa Top 1M increasing by over 30% since our February report. As always, we continue to share interesting examples of new gTLDs in use.
In this report, we were excited to feature the first implementation of a .brand within a dealer/franchise network, .seat, and a newly released domain from .bmw which has seen some impressive results in search.
Within the new generic TLDs, the .movie extension caught our attention this month. It is becoming a very interesting category extension, allowing for more memorable and shorter movie domains than are currently available for a reasonable price in .com. As a result, it is performing well in CSC Digital Brand Services’ gTLD Utilization Indicator score. More details can be found in the report.
In this most recent report, we also look at:
- The number of active .brands and those recently delegated
- The highest ranking .brands in the Alexa Top 1M rank checker
- The number of generic new gTLDs in the Alexa Top 1M
- The new gTLDs that trigger suspicion in the Top 10
- An alternative look at the Top 10 with our gTLD Utilization Indicator score
- The performance of .brands in search
>> For more information on our new gTLD solutions, please visit our website.