It’s now been over a year since the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) became enforceable. While the primary purpose of the GDPR is to protect personal data of EU residents, its real impact has been far broader in geography and scope.
In our recent webinar, CSC’s director of policy and industry affairs, Gretchen Olive, explored how the GDPR has changed much more than the rules around data privacy.
You can now listen to this webinar on demand at your convenience, and find out more about:
- GDPR’s effect on the contents and availability of WHOIS information for domain names and upcoming ICANN policy changes
- GDPR’s impact on brand protection tactics
- The intersection of data privacy and cyber security
- The new and evolving cyber security role of in-house legal departments
- The best practices and controls every legal department should have in place for their organization to avoid data privacy fines and cyber attacks from outside the firewall