CSC launched CSC Security CenterSM three weeks ago, and we wanted to know who could benefit from this first-of-its-kind security intelligence tool for digital assets. So we polled 35 companies and here’s what we found.
- Interestingly, 27% of respondents rarely audit their domains, domain name system (DNS), or secure sockets layer (SSL) certificates. That means, they’re not keeping track of how many they have, what servicer they use, who has access to the digital assets, or if they’re renewed and updated on time.
- Of the respondents who do regularly audit their online assets, only 56% say they are “very confident” they know all their company’s vital domains—that is, those that run their websites, email, and other business-critical functions.
- Nearly a quarter of respondents are not confident they know a complete list of their vital domains.
- Importantly, 44% of respondents who regularly audit their assets and are “very confident” that they have a complete list of their vital domains, feel that CSC Security Center will help them better manage their digital assets.
CSC Security Center works in three ways:
- First, by identifying your vital assets in real time
- Then, by monitoring your assets for security leaks not caught by your firewall
- And last, by giving you the information to update security blind spots before they result in costly cyber attacks
Cyber crime is at its highest levels in recent years, and affects thousands of customers and companies daily. Until now, there’s been nothing on the market to show businesses the gaps in their internal networks and firewalls—nothing to help a company’s chief information security officer gauge what’s happening with domains, DNS, and SSL certificates.
If these assets stop working at any point, business could grind to a halt. Poor management of these assets leads to third-party attacks, resulting in the loss of business websites, email, voice over IP, virtual private network access, and the ability for your various databases to “speak” to one another—leaving you unable to serve customers, or even communicate with them.
We’re ready to talk
To learn more about CSC Security Center, and how it can help protect your digital assets, visit our website and request a free demonstration.