Protecting the consumer goods industry from counterfeit goods and online fraud
The consumer and luxury goods industries are particularly susceptible to counterfeit products, online and off. Worldwide, the counterfeit trade is projected to be worth $1.7 trillion in 2015. For these brands, the issue is lost revenue and brand damage from cheaper, poor-quality imitations.
No two brands are alike, so priorities vary. But protecting your brand against cybercrime and counterfeiters are where we focus our efforts.
Online threats consumer and luxury goods companies need to be aware of:
- Counterfeit and grey market goods
- Trademark infringements
- Cybersquatting and domain name abuse
- Reputation damage
- Phishing and cyberattacks
- Pay-per-click fraud
Developing a comprehensive digital brand strategy
Protecting your brand online requires a strong digital brand strategy that connects legal, IT, and marketing teams. CSC works with you to consolidate and secure your digital assets, so you can manage them effectively, while optimizing your portfolio to support your marketing efforts. We help your legal team monitor your brand for threats across the digital channels, and take action against serious infringements.
CSC® Digital Brand Services works with many leading luxury and consumer goods organizations, and offers:
- Robust security to protect your valuable digital assets. CSC’s strategic advisors work with you to consolidate and optimize your portfolio of domain names and other digital assets, ensuring the highest level of control and security. For your critical domains, we offer two-factor authentication and multiple locks to protect them from unauthorized changes.
- Customized marketplace monitoring to combat counterfeiting. We help you fight online counterfeiting by identifying your key online marketplaces and geographies, putting in place a reliable monitoring system, and enforcement plan once fake sites and goods are found. Our experts will uncover illegal and unauthorized online sales, and help you quickly terminate these listings on digital marketplaces.
- Consistent monitoring of your brand across digital channels. CSC helps you identify cases of brand abuse, trademark infringement, and lost revenue across the web, including search engines, mobile app stores, and online marketplaces. We can also identify, track and consolidate all social media mentions of your brands and trademarks.
- Full spectrum of enforcement services. We offer the widest range of online brand enforcement services available today. Our success rate for recovering digital assets, removing infringing content, and enforcing takedowns is exceptional.
- Video case study: SAS Scandinavian Airlines
- Blog: The latest news in digital brand protection
- Brand Bulletin: Core strength – Better domain strategies for IT, marketing and legal departments
- Best Practice Guide: 10 steps to tackling online counterfeiting