Is 'Cyber Crime' Just A Buzzword? Why Companies Should Worry
Over the past few years, we've seen an uptick in articles, alerts, recommendations, and solutions for cyber crime. In the beginning of 2019, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, the UK National Cyber Security Centre, and other leading security organizations issued an alert about domain name system (DNS) infrastructure hijacking campaigns. The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) followed suit by alerting particular registries, registrars, and organisations of the heightened risk, and promoted domain name system security extensions (DNSSEC) as a way of mitigating the threat.
Søren Brandbyge, infrastructure engineer for LEGO System A/S, expert in security, cryptography, and DNS joins CSC's Mark Flegg, global director for Security Services, to give us insight into these current events, what actions companies can take to secure their brands, and their views on current and future threat trends.
To read the full article, please fill out the short form on the right.
Other press articles
Browse recent articles from the international media in which CSC experts share their views on current online brand protection issues and concerns.
- Going Phishing: Countering Fraudulent Campaigns
- World Trademark Review: Mobile apps help the commercial world go around
- Coming into focus: New gTLD benchmarks for brands
- IT Security Guru: 3 Top Digital Asset Threats Facing Your Brand in 2017
- FinTech Finance: 3 Top Digital Asset Threats Facing Your Brand in 2017
- Internet Retailing: SSL certificates ad the cyber risk impacting retail
- Information Age: Why businesses must make cyber security skills a priority in 2017
- New gTLDs: preparing for the next round published by World Trademark Review
- Managing Your Global Online Brand Portfolio published by IAM magazine
- Protecting your brand in the Web 2.0 environment published by World Trademark Review
- Online Brand Enforcement 2014 published by World Trademark Review
- GDPR: Cyber security issues abound published by Trademark Lawyer Magazine